NUS Innovation & Entrepreneurship Exchange with Tsinghua x-lab 2019
Filled with bright ideas, insightful sharings, and meaningful new bonds between the start-ups of Singapore and Beijing.
Last month, we welcomed a start-up delegation group of seven start-ups from Tsinghua University who joined us for a week-long immersion programme known as the ‘NUS Innovation & Entrepreneurship Exchange’. Though the start-ups were from different verticals such as IOT, cybersecurity, AI, social impact, data analytics; they had a common aim to venture into Southeast Asia in the near future.
It was an exciting week of activities, beginning with the sharing by Prof Wong Poh Kam on the start-up ecosystem in Singapore, to the Singapore government support by Enterprise SG. The start-ups also participated actively in panel discussions with representatives from Hong Kong Poly U to talk about the perks and challenges in starting up in various markets.
As part of their programme, the teams also tried their hands at Taiko drumming, conducted by the Mangrove Group — by a start-up to start-ups, drumming (literally) the importance of synergy and teamwork between founders.
Some highlights of the June 2019 exchange in Singapore, hosted by NUS Enterprise, include:
· Company speed-dating at BLOCK71 Singapore
· Participation in Innovfest unbound 2019, Southeast Asia’s largest and most exciting innovation festival and interaction with the exhibiting start-ups and various showcases of the latest technology
· Company visits to JTC Corporation, Pope Jai Thai, PSLove, NUS Smart Systems Institute (SSI), WateROAM and Visenze
· Pitch feedback session by mentor, Kris Childress
· Pitching session to investors
The NUS-Tsinghua Innovation & Entrepreneurship Exchange is jointly organised and hosted by NUS Enterprise and Tsinghua x-lab, supported by the Ng Teng Fong Charitable Foundation (Hong Kong). Earlier in February 2019, seven of our start-ups — Bantu, FireVisor, Givola Pte Ltd, AutoWealth Pte Ltd, MindFi, Blinkfreight, Standcraft — were selected to participate in the Beijing leg of the exchange.